Wednesday, November 17, 2010

26.2

3 or 4 years ago if you would have asked me how far a marathon is I probably wouldn't have been able to give you a correct answer. When I went to the expo for the Chicago Marathon in 2009 I bought a 26.2 magnet that's hanging proudly on my cabinet at work. I've had a few people comment about it and say things like "did you run a marathon?" or "I've seen that around, doesn't that have something to do with a marathon?". But most don't have any idea. I'm not saying that to sound snobish or that I'm some kind of running elitist, but I get a kick out of the idea's they think it is. The most common response I get to it is "is that a bible verse?" Of course I politely tell them " no, but running 26.2 miles can be a religious experience".

No comments:

Post a Comment