Monday, February 28, 2011

#50

Wow, 50 posts! To bad I don't have anything spectacular to write about. Last week was week 17 of Grandma's marathon training. It went well. I got in all my scheduled runs and then some. I mixed in some speed work and a treadmill ladder run (30 min run with the middle 10 minutes increasing the incline 1% every minute for 5 minutes then back down again). Oh, and for the last 2 weeks I've done a 5 minute cool down at a 10:30 pace barefoot. The first week my feet and calves were sore the next day, but last week was much better. I don't know if it will do any good, but it's fun to try something new.

I got in a 5 mile run on the treadmill on Sunday.  It was just under 45 minutes and was hard to finish with the distraction of a certain 4 year old and being on a treadmill (I have a hard time getting motivated on a treadmill).  I really can't wait for it to warm up just a little bit more.

Today I did a light upper body workout at lunch in the weight room. It consisted of bench press, curls (for the girls...I couldn't help it, sorry), lats, military press, shrugs, triceps, and some core work (decline leg lifts and bicycle crunches).

Anyway, I thought I would leave with a pic of me and my girls (and a crappy snowman I made) playing in the snow a few weeks ago. My youngest was "drowning" in this snowsuit, but didn't seem to mind. She went for her first sled ride and is almost crawling.  It's almost time to lock all the cabinets and put up the baby gate at the top of the stairs.


One last thing, I noticed that the Green Lake Triathlon has a kids tri. One of the age groups is 3-5 year olds. It consists of a 20 yards swim in shallow water (parents can help guide), one loop in the parking lot on the bike, and one loop of the parking lot running. I'm thinking of asking my 4 year old if she would like to try it, but I wait until the time gets closer. She wants to take off her training wheels, so we'll see how that goes first. 

Stay warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment