Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Incredibles!

I've been following 2 blogs for a while. One for almost 2 years and another for only a few months, but the 2 people that write them are both incredible people. However, their incrediblness (I don't think that's a real word, oh well) are for different reasons and both should be noted.


Both of these people have, and still are, facing tremendous obstacles in their life. Those obstacles however are very different. The first person is Judi who lives in Cincinnati, the name of her blog name is Miles and Madness. Former heroin addict turned Ironman.  I started following her blog as she was getting ready for the 2009 Ironman Louisville. Like anyone else, everyday stresses take there toll on a person, but for someone battling addiction, it seems compounded. I'm not going to go into great detail about all the things she's posted over the years, but I will say that anyone who wants a dose of reality from someone who where's her heart on her sleeve to check out her blog.  For the record, I think it takes a special person to write about the highs and lows of their life for the world to read and make no apologies about it. 

The other blog is Chad's Triathlon Blog. Chad has a special place for me personally as he is a father of 2 young children. Chad has leukemia and has had a bone marrow transplant. He's over 100 days post transplant and seems to be doing well. I couldn't imagine the strength (mental and physical) it would take to fight a monster like that and have such a positive attitude. He's inspirational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment