Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Sound of Music

My 4 year old loves this movie, but I thought it was a good segue.

What do you listen to when you run? do you listen to anything? are you "one with nature" and in tune with your mind, body, and soul and don't need music? or do you blast the tunes so loud that you forget what planet you're on. I usually choose the later.
I like a lot of different kinds of music, but I love good old rock n' roll when I run. I'm sure I listen to it far to loud, but I rarely get the opportunity to listen to some face melting guitar solo's and chest thumping drums outside of my ipod. With 2 little girls in the car, "wheels on the bus" was usually in order, but now it's Katy Perry songs.  Although my 4 year old knows some Foo Fighters and The Who (or as she calls it "teenage wasteland"), I usually listen to talk radio in the car with the girls (dorky I know).



I found this video on youtube of a guy playing a piano version of The Who's  "Baba O' Riley". I  was going to post a video of The Who doing the song, but this dude is awesome.  Each time I hear Baba O' Riley (and you youngsters may not know this, but The Who did more than CSI theme songs),  I'm transported to an Ironman race that's never actually taken place. It's one where I'm participating and completing and always ends with Mike Reilly announcing that I am an Ironman. It's funny how a particular song can take you to a place in your mind in an instant.   

No comments:

Post a Comment