Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brighter Days ahead...I hope

It was a Wednesday morning. The sky was clear and the sun was shining. The temperature was 38 degrees and the winds were calm. The time was 10:33:27AM. As I reached across my body with my right hand and grabbed my Swingline stapler I did something I haven't done in my 7 year, 8 months, and 23 days of employment with this company...I knocked over my cup of coffee all over my desk.  It was a good run...


My wife also wanted me to inform the blogoshrere that she also has been running on the treadmills at work. She runs on the one next to me. We sometimes hold hands while running next to each other and sing Katy Perry songs...not really.

In other news, I"m currently at the in-laws in East Dakota and I managed to get in a 12 mile run. It was tough. The wind was out of the west and the temp was about 40 degrees. I've certainly rain in worse conditions, but I wasn't really feeling "it". I managed to finish in 1:42:24, 8:34 min/mile pace. I was shooting for 8:30 min/mile pace so I was happy. However, I did not negative split this time as I turned around at 50:27. Oh well. This was my highest mileage week (28) thus far and things are going well. I do however need new shoes. I'm still wearing the same shoes I ran the Chicago Marathon in...in 2009! My wife got me a Groupon for a local running store that gives me a $50 discount (she paid $25), but time hasn't really permitted me to get over there and actually buy them.

Lastly, the little one gets her cast off a week from Monday (4/11). I think she will be very happy as she's managed to learn to crawl with it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment