Friday, January 21, 2011

-14!

That was the temperature this morning when I woke up. It's so damn cold that water will freeze in mid-air.


Here's a video from Fargo, North Dakota a few years ago, but the air temp is about the same. Needless to say, outdoor training isn't going to happen. But it hasn't been happening much lately anyway. As I last posted, I was sick last week and I'm still dealing with some lingering effects, but my youngest daughter (almost 9 months old) woke up Wednesday night with a temp of 102. So that means no daycare, which usually means that my wife and I split our workdays. She will take the oldest daughter to daycare and then go to work for half a day. She then comes home, then I go to work for a half day in the afternoon. It works out pretty good and neither of us gets to behind at work.  
My indoor triathlon is coming up fast (2/6/11) and I don't think I'll take it to seriously, however, I did make a little wager ($1) with my buddy. Since the results are based on overall distance, as everyone is doing each part for the same amount of time (30 minutes each; swim, bike, and run), I told my buddy I would give him 2 miles. I think my mouth wrote a check my ass won't be able to cash. Oh well, it's only $1. I'm hoping to get to the pool tomorrow morning, but when it's this cold, I don't want to leave the house. I'm also hoping to post a little more frequently, but family comes first. 

Happy training (to everyone in the warmer climates anyway). 

1 comment:

  1. I'm in Central FL and this weekend I ran in a race that had temperatures in the mid-20s. It was darn cold. Sweat was turning into frost.

    Kevin
    HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete