Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 summer race schedule

I think I have my summer race schedule set. It may change, but I think this is a good progression leading up to the half iron in September. I'm signed up for 3 of the 5 and all but one of the races is local. The Green Lake Triathlon is back in my old "stomping grounds". I grew up about 30 miles from Green Lake and then spent 10 years after high school in a neighboring town, so I know the area well. We plan on making a long weekend out of it by camping about a mile from the transition area. My step dad has a fifth wheel camper that will easily fit my wife, 2 girls, and me very comfortably and he's always insisting we use it. It kind of looks like this, but is actually a little bigger. Anyway, it should be fun for the whole family.


So here is the (tentative) schedule:

1. Tri U Mah indoor triathlon - 2/6/2011. 30min swim, 30min bike, 30min run.

2. Armed Forces Half Marathon - 5/21/2011

3. Croixathlon VI Sprint triathlon - 6/25/2011, 1/3 Mile Swim, 15 Mile Bike, 3 Mile Run, (Registration opens in February)

4. Green Lake Triathlon (Olympic) - 8/21/2011, 3/4 Mile Swim, 28 Mile Bike, 6 Mile Run, (Registration opens in February)

5. Square Lake Long Course Triathlon - 9/11/2011, 1.2 Mile Swim, 54 Mile Bike, 13.2 Mile Run.

* If by chance there is anyone local who reads this blog and has done any of the above races (at least #3,4,or 5), let me know your thoughts, like, dislikes, etc, on any of these races.

No comments:

Post a Comment