Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Sucks!

I became the proud new owner of a snow rake last weekend. This weekend, I got the chance to actually use it. For those of you who don't know what that is, well it's a rake used to pull snow off the roof of your house. For us here in Minnesota, it's a tool that is quite popular this year with all the snow we've gotten.


Although the "rake" is made out of aluminum, it gets quite heavy to manhandle and was quite an arm and shoulder workout. Since it's dark by the time I get home from work during the week, I had to wait until yesterday to pull some of the snow off the roof.

 Of course it wouldn't be winter without getting a cold. So since about Tuesday evening my wife and I have been under the wether. It's made for a miserable week and a poor workout week. I only got a couple short runs on the treadmill and one on the stationary bike. Hopefully my wife and I get past this before the girls get sick. Anyway, I'll take it easy and cross my fingers that our girls don't get this darn bug.

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment